Monday, January 16, 2006

She who angers you, controls you.

It's been 10 years. You'd think I'd be over it by now. My husband's mother just really gets under my skin. There is something about that day when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter and not yet married to her son that still burns me like salt on a fresh wound. She looked straight into my baby blue eyes,

"What kind of girl are you to be pregnant like this?" "Your not getting my money so if that is what you are here for then forget it."


Yeah, that was just the 1st impression. There have been many since then and I'm confident that there will be many more in the years to come but those are the words I hear over and over in my head. So you can only imagine that whenever my husband agrees to work for her on his day off so that she can go have fun in Las Vegas, I become a tad bit bitchy.

Now don't get me wrong, I know we need the money. Dream House payments aren't cheap. But still people, this woman is his mother. My husband works 7 days a week as it is. Would it kill her to realize that a day off to spend with his wife and kids would be nice? Evidently she's not taking any chances to find out.

I couldn't sleep last night. Now I'm mad that she has so much control that I lose sleep. UGH! This is all just her manipulative way to keep tabs on my husband. I hate it. I hate it even more that I know that it will always be this way. How's a girl to let go? I guess that's just not in my blood :(

So here I sit. In my beautiful dream house. With 2 Lexuses (or is it Lexii?) in the garage. Five kids playing joyfully in the living room and I'm sad. I'd give it all up in a New York minute to be able to have more family time with my husband...

No comments: