Sunday, May 25, 2008

Slowly falling apart...

I had surgery on May 20th.  It wasn't my first surgery or my second, third or fourth.  It was my 8th!!  OK. Three of the surgeries were to remove babies from my body but that really doesn't make me feel any better...  
"Am I falling apart?"
My doctor says No.  He just thinks I am "in-tune" with my body and I'm "aware when things are out of whack".  He said that it's a good sign I actually take care of myself and get things taken care of before they take over.  
Whatever... blah... blah... blah...
So now - I am minus a uterus and the tumors entombed in that uterus.  There will be no more biological children in my future.  Not that I want to get rid of my current husband and search out a new man to provide me with sperm to conceive a child with my own biology.  But it still makes me sad to think that part of my life is over.  

...BUT
There is a bright side!  NO MORE PMS : )  

2 comments:

Polka Dot Mommy said...

I keep putting off the same surgery... for the same reason. :)

Take Care of yourself... and Breath.

Cheers!

Jamie
http://www.looksgoodinpolkadots.wordpress.com

funny girl said...

Yeah, I've gotten that "in tune with your body" thing before. I never can tell if it's a compliment or a masked way of saying I'm a hypochondriac. :-)