Sunday, February 04, 2007

Butterflies...

Ok, so I love my husband. No seriously... I love my husband, LOL. Duh... I'm not retarded. I know a woman is supposed to love her husband, but I've loved my husband for 11 years. Yes. ELEVEN YEARS. Ha! Who'd have known?
The reason I'm bringing this up is because we met the day after Christmas in 1995... we started "dating" the day after Valentine's Day 1996. I still remember our 1st kiss like it was yesterday. We were in my car (1995 Nissan 240SX - man that was a hot car) in his driveway. I can still remember those butterflies I had in my stomach just wondering if he was going to kiss me. I was 25 freakin' years old and I felt like a silly highschool girl at that moment. When my best friend Mari (if you really know me you've heard the story how he really wanted to go out with her) came out of his house she just knew. I can still hear her say to me on the drive home, "Seriously? It's about freakin' time." That was 11 years ago. We're still kissing. I still get butterflies!
We went out last night. We had a nice dinner at Mama Tosca's (I had a little too much to drink, but I think that's a whole different blog) then to a late movie. As we were getting dressed to go, I couldn't stop thinking about that 1st kiss. I still get butterflies! Amazing. I'm so very thankful that he decided to make that move when we were sitting in my car in his driveway that night. I'm so glad that we stuck it out through the hard times during those first few years. Yes, I'm even glad that he trapped me and married me I'm blessed and so very thankful for the butterflies...

No comments: