Friday, February 02, 2007

Live and love like there's no tomorrow

OK, so it's no secret that I work in what a lot of people consider a "depressing place". I can't really say I agree with that, but I do understand why people would think it. Cancer SUCKS, but I've never felt depressed about my place of employment. If anything, working there for the past 4 1/2 years has taught me a lot about myself, my strength, and how even the littlest joys are still just that... JOYS!
Don't get me wrong. I've had days where I can't stop crying. I've had nights where I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about one of my patients. Even still, I wouldn't trade where I work for anything.
Today, a friend of mine led me to read this: Jennifer Ireland Today wasn't the first time I'd known of or heard about or read a story like this. This is different, though... This touched me in a way I didn't expect. In ways I never believed. Tonight I'll pray for Jennifer Ireland. I'll pray for her husband and her beautiful little girls and her family and friends.
I'll also thank God (again... and again) for my blessings. There are a lot of trivial things that I may stress about but at the end of the day I know I'm blessed. And greatful. Live and love like there is no tomorrow. This is my plan....

No comments: