Saturday, February 10, 2007

How we get where we are...

Remember that feeling that love was EVERYTHING? Like seriously, all there was and all you thought you needed. What happened to the excitement of that 1st love? Have you ever asked yourself this? I can honestly say that I don't. I mean don't get me wrong... I would NEVER discount that very important journey. I'm sure that my experience was unique. How many people can say that their 1st love died in a car accident on Valentine's Day when they were 16? Yeah... I'm thinking not many. Tragic. Life changing. That's what I remember about my 1st love. That took a while to get over. It will be 20 years on Wednesday. I still remember it like it was yesterday.
I think in some ways it still haunts me. I could have been in one of those cars that rainy night. I wasn't. Eleven of my friends were. Six of them died. I didn't.
Here I am, 20 years later. I have the greatest husband. I have two damn near perfect kids. I have an awesome house, nice cars, a dream job. I also have the knowledge that everywhere I've been has brought me here. The good AND the bad have led me to where I am. I appreciate every bit of it. It's how I got here.

No comments: