Monday, February 12, 2007

Working Out

Yeah, so working out. UGH! I swear I was sick half the month of January and that was a GREAT excuse to not get my assenormous out of bed and to the gym. B-I-G mistake! It would be so much easier if I just didn't have to get out of bed to do it!
Here's the deal. The only time I can find to take care of myself is around 5am. Sucks ass! Seriously. Here I am, it's almost 10pm and I'm not even in bed yet. My alarm will go off at 4:45am. Why you ask? Because I roll out of bed looking all gawd awful and shake my azzz out into the cold. I have a routine. At least 3 days a week I walk with my friend Kim in the darkness of the morning and the freezing cold. Then a couple of days a week I drive down to Body Exchange to do my hour of cardio/weight. That's a horrible name for a gym since I've been going 2 years faithfully and still have an ass the size of Montana. Oh well. Back to the real deal...
This past month has been hit or miss when it comes to my work out. I have NOT wanted to get out of bed. Even with my husband's snoring. I'd rather stay there and hold the pillow over his head than do anything to get my adrenaline rushing. Someone please tell me what has gone wrong? At least I have used my home elliptical. It's good in a pinch, but being at home makes it too easy to become distracted and get off "early". My girl Kim has been even more of a slacker than me. She's supposed to keep me accountable. Huh... I haven't heard from her today, so I guess that means she's not ready to jump back into the groove. Or should I say she's not ready to jump out of bed at the butt-crack of dawn to walk really fast and see how much "girl talk" we can fit into one hour.
Tomorrow I'll be on my elliptical since I have to be at work early on Tuesdays. Wednesday is a new day. With or without Kim, I'm going to get my swing back. That is, unless, my bed keeps me hostage and makes me hit the snooze til 6am...

No comments: